Quite simply, Seth Godin is one of the most innovative and influential minds in marketing and business today. Mr. Godin has a sterling reputation as one of the world’s foremost motivational speakers, the author of fifteen international bestsellers – including Tribes, Purple Cow and Linchpin – and the owner of the world’s most popular marketing blog. Mr. Godin also recently held court at HubSpot’s Inbound 2013 as one of the keynote speakers. We were fortunate to be in attendance and to hear him speak.
Having made a career of inspiring others, not just on marketing issues but also on being more innovative and thinking outside the box, it is no surprise that Mr. Godin has a litany of memorable quotes under his belt. Here are 15 of our favorite motivational marketing quotes from the one-and-only Seth Godin.
1. “The cost of being wrong is less than the cost of doing nothing.” – (Click to Tweet!)
2. “The largest enemy of change and leadership isn’t a ‘no,’ it’s a ‘not yet.’ ‘Not yet’ is the safest, easiest way to forestall change.” – (Click to Tweet!)
3. “Hope without a strategy doesn’t generate leadership. Leadership comes when your hope and your optimism are matched with a concrete vision of the future and a way to get there.” – (Click to Tweet!)
4. “What could you measure? What would that cost? How fast could you get the results? If you can afford it, try it. If you measure it, it will improve.” – (Click to Tweet!)
5. “Remarkable visions and genuine insights are always met with resistance.” – (Click to Tweet!)
6. “Organizations that destroy the status quo win. Whatever the status quo is, changing it gives you the opportunity to be remarkable. – (Click to Tweet!)
7. “If you don’t have time to do it right, what makes you think you’ll have time to do it over?” – (Click to Tweet!)
8. “You can’t fool all the people, not even most of the time. People, once unfooled, talk about the experience.” – (Click to Tweet!)
9. “Our job is to make change. Our job is to interact with them in a way that leaves them better than we found them, more able to get where they’d like to go.” – (Click to Tweet!)
10. “All the creativity books in the world aren’t going to help you if you’re unwilling to have lousy, lame and even dangerously bad ideas.” – (Click to Tweet!)
11. “You can spend your time on stage pleasing the heckler in the back, or you can devote it to the audience that came to hear you perform.” – (Click to Tweet!)
12. “The problem when working with a coach isn’t that we don’t know what to do. The real problem is that we don’t want to change our mind.” – (Click to Tweet!)
13. “Go for the edges. Challenge yourself and your team to describe what those edges are, and then test which edge is most likely to deliver the marketing results you seek.” – (Click to Tweet!)
14. “Choices lead to habits. Habits become talents. Talents are labeled gifts. You’re not born this way, you get this way.” – (Click to Tweet!)