It’s that time again! In less than a week, Boston will be flooded with thousands of sales and marketing professionals eager to learn and network at HubSpot’s annual conference, INBOUND 2014. Since its first year, this ground-breaking 4-day sales and marketing conference has grown by leaps and bounds, moving to a bigger venue this year at the Boston Convention and Exhibition Center in the Seaport District.
As the conference grows, so do the number of can’t-miss sessions. This year, attendees will have the opportunity to learn from industry experts like Malcolm Gladwell, Martha Stewart and Guy Kawasaki, as well as HubSpot founders Brian Halligan and Dharmesh Shah. With such a dizzying array of sessions to attend at INBOUND, we thought we’d make it a little easier for sales professionals to find the sales-focused sessions you simply can’t miss.
Here are the sales sessions that we’re most excited about attending at INBOUND, and why you should be too!
1. [Keynote] Leaders Eat Last: Why Some Teams Come Together and Others Don’t – Simon Sinek[image source_type=”attachment_id” source_value=”38934″ align=”left” width=”210″ height=”210″ quality=”100″] Do you truly love your job? Sinek – author, optimist, and TED speaker best known for popularizing the concept of “Start with Why” – examines why it seems only a few people are lucky enough to love their jobs. He believes that great leadership is the difference between trudging to work each day and being inspired to work your hardest. Successful companies have leaders who are able to create environments where people work together, trust each other, and cooperate successfully. In this session, Sinek will explain how leaders can build this kind of positive and collaborative team environment.
2. The Only Real Competitive Advantage – Jill Konrath[image source_type=”attachment_id” source_value=”38935″ align=”right” width=”210″ height=”210″ quality=”100″] Feeling stressed and overworked? Working harder than ever, but still feel like you’re falling behind? You’re not alone. Best-selling sales author Jill Konrath has some incredibly valuable advice to elevate your productivity and keep you at the top of your game. Konrath promises to share the one skill that will guarantee you a successful career, as well as seven strategies to help you master that skill. With a promise that huge, no one can afford to miss this session!
3. How Hubspot used Science and Social Selling to Scale Sales – Mark Roberge[image source_type=”attachment_id” source_value=”38940″ align=”left” width=”200″ height=”200″ quality=”100″] How exactly did HubSpot build such a successful sales machine? How did they create quality sales content on a limited budget? How do they use technology to source leads, prospect for new business, and track activities? In this session, Roberge, HubSpot’s Chief Revenue Officer, will share the secrets of how he combined science and social selling to create a powerful sales team using metrics-driven sales coaching.
4. How to Sell to the Modern Buyer – Jill Rowley[image source_type=”attachment_id” source_value=”38941″ align=”right” width=”210″ height=”210″ quality=”100″] The buying process today is changing rapidly, all thanks to social media. Rowley is a social selling evangelist, and is here to tell you why you simply can’t sell without taking social into account. Social selling is a huge buzzword, but many people don’t realize that it’s just research, networking, and relationship building in a new forum – online. Rowley will offer fresh ideas on how you should be taking advantage of social selling as a sales rep, and how to get the most from your engagements online.
5. Be a D*ck – Marc Ensign[image source_type=”attachment_id” source_value=”38942″ align=”left” width=”200″ height=”200″ quality=”100″] The provocative session goes beyond the shock value of its name. As a blogger, entrepreneur and all-around do-gooder, Ensign believes that the key to success in your personal and professional life comes down to just one thing: being a d*ck. Learn about this new way to approach sales and life in this powerfully short session. It’s not just a joke; it works.
6. What is Inbound Selling? (And Why You Need it Now) – John Jantsch[image source_type=”attachment_id” source_value=”38943″ align=”right” width=”210″ height=”210″ quality=”100″]
Jantsch, the author of Duct Tape Selling, offers the definitive guide to inbound selling for any business owner, marketer and salesperson. Learn how to create an inbound marketing system to attract your ideal customers, become a thought leader in your industry, and – most importantly – close more deals using innovative inbound selling techniques.
7. Who to Target and How to Improve Your Sales Forecasting – Matt Sunshine[image source_type=”attachment_id” source_value=”38944″ align=”left” width=”200″ height=”200″ quality=”100″] Far too many companies can’t seem to create accurate sales forecasts, causing sales managers and executives everywhere to bang their heads against the walls in frustration. In this session, Sunshine, the Executive Vice President at The Center for Sales Strategy, explains how to create a truly reliable sales forecast. It’s all about finding better prospects by creating an ideal customer profile, slowing down your sales cycle and helping reps ask the right questions to close the deal. It’s simpler than you think.
[button size=”large” align=”center” full=”false” link=”https://offers.insightsquared.com/forecasting-ebook.html?blog_source=organic&blog_medium=blog&blog_campaign=salesforecasting” linkTarget=”_blank” color=”blue”]Learn More About Effective Sales Forecasting»[/button] [divider]
8. How to Turn Your Customer Base Into a Revenue Engine – Rebecca Corliss[image source_type=”attachment_id” source_value=”38945″ align=”right” width=”200″ height=”200″ quality=”100″] This marketing-focused session will also be a huge help for sales professionals looking to get more out of their existing customers. Corliss, HubSpot’s Head of Customer Marketing, explains that customer retention programs and up-selling are key to driving your company’s revenue. This talk will guide you through the four key aspects of customer retention: customer nurturing, up-sell marketing, customer advocacy and delight.
9. The New Rules of Selling – David Meerman Scott[image source_type=”attachment_id” source_value=”38946″ align=”left” width=”210″ height=”210″ quality=”100″] Buyers are better educated than ever before, taking advantage of information online long before they ever engage with a sales rep at your company. No one is more aware of this trend than Scott, a sales and marketing strategist and the bestselling author of The New Rules of Marketing and PR. Scott says that anyone working in sales has to move on from traditional selling models now, or be left in the dust. Get valuable guidance and advice on navigating this brave new world of digital selling, online content and social networks.
10. Selling Inbound: Transform Your Rep’s Inbound Selling Skills – Andrew Quinn[image source_type=”attachment_id” source_value=”38947″ align=”right” width=”200″ height=”200″ quality=”100″] You may have heard of inbound marketing, but inbound concepts can also push your sales team to new heights. Quinn, the Director of Training and Development at HubSpot, will discuss how he trained the HubSpot sales team to sell from an inbound perspective – using leads that come in, rather than seeking them out. Learn the proven strategies and training to turn your regular old sales team into an effective inbound sales team.
[divider] Whether you’re a sales rep, a sales manager or even a sales executive, there are valuable learning opportunities for you at INBOUND. While you may not be able to make it to every session on this list, this guide should get you started on the right path to get the most sales knowledge you can out of INBOUND 2014.
[image source_type=”attachment_id” source_value=”22194″ width=”632″ height=”250″ quality=”100″ link=”https://offers.insightsquared.com/12-must-ask-questions?blog_source=organic&blog_medium=blog&blog_campaign=12questionssales”]