Come tune your Python & Django development skills with our engineering team! InsightSquared is taking several development interns for the 2012-2013 school year. (Also please check out our openings for Development Co-Ops and fulltime Python Developer positions.)
InsightSquared is a well-funded startup in the Cambridge/Boston area.
- Our management team has previous experience building successful software products at companies like Salesforce, Akamai, HubSpot, Elance, BzzAgent, and Amazon.com.
- We’re going after a $2.5B market opportunity for data intelligence for small & medium businesses.
- We already have a first channel partner and paying customers for our SAAS subscription-based product.
Read more about us on our blog.
- Create compelling experiences that will affect the day to day operations of thousands of businesses
- Own code that processes dozens of data sources concurrently, in interesting ways
- Invent new techniques and uncover ways to analyze and visualize data
- Grow your technical chops working on the forefront of data intelligence
If you were here this week, you would have worked on…
- Created 3 new customer-facing screens in our a SAAS app, one of which uses a crazy new visualization that may not work but is really cool and generating good customer test feedback
- Hacked the Django model to allow client compartmentalization to allow multiple login access to the data structures
- Built out separate dev and production environments on AWS and troubleshot some slow screens to get a quick 10x speed increase via SQL optimization
- Implemented a distributed framework for grabbing SOAP data from customers
- CS degree completed or in progress
- Proficient in Python & Django
- You’re high wattage and hungry to learn more
- You have a great positive attitude and enjoy working with a team of like-minded folks
- Based here in Boston (this is not a remote job)