Some may feel RevOps is a buzzword, but when executed successfully, it can increase win rates, decrease time to close, improve cross-functional collaboration, reduce spend—and that’s just the start. In this climate of extreme uncertainty, few things are more important than reducing friction and streamlining operations. .
Our webinar series, “Ramp to RevOps,” was designed to help you do just that. From jumpstarting your RevOps function to optimizing it for process improvements, we hope you have found something that can prepare you for the RevOps journey and maximize the results of your efforts.
If you missed our webinar, worry not. Here are the key takeaways from each of our episodes.
If you’re looking to jumpstart your RevOps journey, take time to assess your readiness. Company size, team structure, and cultures are some of the elements that you’ll want to take into consideration. Our RevOps Maturity model can help you streamline your RevOps approach based on maturity level.
Four-step approach to RevOps
These are the four steps to ramp to RevOps.
1. Data: Know exactly what is going on in your business?
RevOps requires an end-to-end view of customer experience, grounded on comprehensive, common data and KPIs. To do this effectively, you’ll want to understand all touchpoints, which is best accomplished by automating Activity Capture .
2. Insights: Know exactly what to do about it.
High quality data will allow you to generate deep insights. With a complete view of what is happening across the customer journey and how each department is contributing, sales leaders can easily assess the health of their funnel.
3. Actions: Know exactly how to make that happen.
Insights alone will not help move deals forward, speed up the sales cycle, eliminate risks or fix broken processes. They show you where the problems are, not the solutions to those problems.
4. Optimization: Know exactly what to try next.
Building a RevOps culture does not stop at the end of a quarter when you meet or exceed your goals. The B2B customer journey is always changing, which means your sales strategy needs to be ready to adapt just as quickly.
Data is the foundation of any RevOps function. Comprehensive, trusted data helps drive actionable insights and allows you to remain agile in the face of uncertainty and fluctuations (like the climate we are living in right now!).
With complete pipeline visibility you can spot any problems, adjust your forecast, coach reps and even more. The priority of a RevOps tech stack, therefore, is to ensure the undisrupted flow of ALL data across function, starting with Activity Data, which is the number one indicator of sales performance.
The issue is most companies have only 10% of their activity data—even those companies that mandate data entry from reps or employ data capturing methods like sending to an email alias. Manual entry is taxing for reps and subject to data bias. To capture the remaining critical 90%, it’s best to automate data capture.
In order to effectively manage pipeline, sales leaders must know the true health of deals. That’s why a good forecast needs to be grounded in complete, quality data.
Aside from being prone to human error, traditional forecasting methods (such as a spreadsheet) are time-consuming, prone to human bias, lacking valuable data and missing actionable insights.
Activity Capture can solve these problems by eliminating the burden of data entry and gives you complete insights into every step reps have taken to move their opportunities forward — and be alerted to missed steps that could put the deal at risk.
By utilizing insights generated by Activity Capture, Forecasting can give you accurate numbers and guide your execution to achieve better results. Sales forecasts are critical to every business but more important is knowing how and why you arrived at that number — and what to do next.
You’ve invested in your sales team—but are you setting them up for success day in and out? When it comes to deal success, effective coaching is paramount. That means enabling first-line managers to identify individual rep strengths and weaknesses, and work through any roadblocks individually rather than applying instead of a one-size-fit-all approach.
For decades, 1:1s and pipeline reviews have turned into data validation sessions, with coaching thrown by the wayside. It’s not only hindered deal outcomes but also rep skill development.
AI-powered guided selling systems can help identify risk and opportunities for managers to coach in a way they can truly improve deal outcomes. These tools understand engagement, sales process adherence and also steps that were skipped. They can often use machine learning to discover gaps in the process as well as lack of alignment. They can also improve overall processes by understanding what your best reps are doing differently and scaling those strategies across your sales team.